The Rijks Museum
I'm not sure which street I took this panorama on, but I think it looks awesome. It captures the Amsterdam canal street pretty well.
Today I went to the Rijks Museum and had a bit of a culture overload.
Everybody got selfies with Van Gough, so I got a selfie The Milkmaid. I realize in retrospect that it doesn't work as well.
In other news, this is my face when I realized the bathroom stalls go from floor to ceiling.
Yes, this photo was taken in the bathroom stall.
And this is a classy restaurant I found with classy lamps.
They were closed, otherwise I would have gone in.
Some Travel Tips
Although I have not completed my trip, I have some tips to share with you about travel.
- Always bring a 'Go Bag' when you go out for the day. Fill it with snacks and necessities and leave plenty of room for memorabilia you get while out and about.
- Try something new before defaulting to your comfort zone. This is true for food as well as experiences.
- Always being plenty of snacks and water. You will regret it if you don't.
- Be patient. You invested a lot to get here, make it count.
- At a museum, take a picture of the plackard after taking a picture of the piece so you don't forget what it's called.
- Don't be afraid to sit in a café and just read for a bit. Sometimes that's as culturally diversifying as a day in a museum or city tour.