PDX -> AMS
The flight was uneventful. It was the longest one I've ever been on, which is always a rough milestone to overcome, but actually one of the better flights I've taken. TIL Delta's service does not suck.
I usually sleep the entire way to <insert location here>, but I managed to stay productive (coding, reading, writing) for the majority of flight. I must say, it was nice to have my own personal screen to catch up on Last Week Tonight. I've wanted to watch that show for ages...
[Lazy bliss not pictured]
Day 0: Part 1
So I wrote down some thoughts about Amsterdam thus far:
- People keep using fake made up words. What's up with that?
- The roads are tiny but people keep driving on them. It looks like chaos but I haven't seen an accident yet. I'm kinda impressed. People aren't even yelling at each other about almost getting hit.
- The toilet paper squares are actually rectangles. It might just be the toilet paper at the place I am staying. Either way, I can't deal with this aspect ratio change. I might not be able to poop in Amsterdam.
- COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE
- The trains are so quiet. I didn't want to get off...
- BIKES BIKES BIKES BIKES BIKES BIKES BIKES BIKES BIKES BIKES
Here's some pictures I took:
The view from the location I am staying at.
A panorama from the park outside of where I am staying.
Some goats I found.
Day 0: Part 2
I finished today by going to the Red Light District. There were a lot of half naked ladies in windows. They kept winking at me. I'm pretty sure they liked me; it's not like they definitely have a monetary incentive to get my attention or anything.
I ended up finding a bar and enjoying a Belgian White Beer. It tasted surprisingly good
So this is what it feels like to drink in a bar... neat.